Mianwali has 3 Tehsils. These tehsils are Isakhel, Mianwali and Piplan. The Geographical location of Mianwali the northwest of Punjab province, Pakistan. It is border district between Province of Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Mianwali district has an extreme climate with a long, hot summer season and cold, dry winters. Summer lasts from May to September and winter lasts from November till February. June is the hottest month with average temperatures of 42 °C (highest recorded temperature 52 °C), in winter December and January monthly average temperatures can be as low as 3 to 4 °C. The average rainfall in the district is about 385 mm.
The Government Poultry Farm Mianwali was established in 1979. This farm is working under the Directorate of Poultry Research Institute Rawalpindi, L&DD Punjab. Contributing to the uplift of rural poultry in the area.
The main objective of the farm is to ensure the below mentioned:
- To provide better productive birds (poultry units) for rearing as rural poultry
- To provide guidance for modern poultry farming to gain a sustainable livelihood
- To conduct problem oriented research work for improvement of poultry industry
The following poultry sheds are in Mianwali:
|2 Brooder Houses||1000 sqft each|
|2 Rearing Houses||3000 sqft each|
|Total Rearing Capacity||8000 sqft|
Enlisted below are the prime activities of the farm:
- Maintenance of birds
- Production of poultry units
- Training of internship students of LAD classes