The future plans to be pursued by the Poultry Research Institute, Rawalpindi span over a period of next 13 years, till 2030, as per objectives of the Punjab Poultry Policy. Priority areas for action, with some strategies are identified below:
- Development of suitable germplasm by conserving, improving and utilization of native/ imported poultry in view of their hardy character and tropical adaptability for doing away dependence on imported poultry stocks.
- Disease control through effective surveillance.
- Implementation National Action Plan for AMR to address food safety concerns.
- Accreditation of labs for ISO 17025 with PNAC
- Implementation of legal framework
- Technology transfer for backyard poultry development for domestic consumption & exportable surpluses
- Strengthening R&D to address emerging problems of poultry sector